- Economy and marketing
European furniture consumption in 2022 has grown to almost EUR 120 billion. Italy is among the largest markets together with Germany, the United Kingdom and France, which also rank among the top ten furniture markets worldwide. With almost 130,000 companies, the furniture industry remains one of the most fragmented manufacturing sectors in Europe, mainly composed of SMEs, which are also leaders in the high-end furniture market.
These are the figures contained in the new edition of the report 'The furniture industry in Europe 2023' compiled by CSIL, Centro Studi Industria Leggera.
In this Report, CSIL estimates that demand for furniture in Europe will weaken in 2023, mainly due to high inflation and rising furniture prices. However, a recovery is expected in 2024.
Market framework and macroeconomic trends
In the current context of great uncertainty and complexity, this Report provides all the main statistics and indicators useful to analyse the European furniture industry. 30 European countries are covered: Austria, Belgium-Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
The Report outlines historical trends and market forecasts, factors influencing the sector and the competitiveness of manufacturers, a description of the main furniture producing countries, an analysis of the top 50 manufacturers and the largest companies, market potential, data by segment and country reports.
Over 2000 short profiles of furniture manufacturers are also provided, with information on their business, product portfolio, turnover range, employee range, general email address and website. The furniture manufacturers belong to the following sectors: office furniture, upholstered furniture, non-upholstered seating, kitchen furniture, bedroom furniture, dining room and living room furniture and other furniture.
The Report is available in English.
Latest CSIL publications
In addition to the report 'The Furniture Industry in Europe 2023. Analysis for 30 countries', CSIL has also recently published the following Furniture Market Reports:
• Top 200 furniture manufacturers worldwide, in which CSIL identifies and profiles the top 200 furniture companies globally;
• World furniture outlook 2023, CSIL's main study examining the development and outlook of the world furniture market;
• E-commerce for the furniture industry, where the global online sale of furniture is analysed, with structure and models;
• The world office furniture industry, a detailed analysis of the industry covering 60 countries;
• The kitchen furniture market in the United States, a comprehensive analysis of the kitchen furniture industry in the United States, with trends and forecasts.