Made in Italy has always been synonymous with quality, creativity and craftsmanship, capable of harmoniously combining innovation and respect for tradition. The value of Made in Italy represents an important element that determines a competitive advantage on international markets, especially for small and medium-sized companies in the furniture system.
This value has been made objective thanks to the UNI 11674:2017 standard “Furniture - Requirements for determining the Italian origin of furniture“ published on 2 March 2017. According to the standard there are two important requirements that must be met:
• Process requirements: according to which the significant phases (the processes to make the semi-finished and finished products, the final assembly and packaging) must be carried out on Italian territory;
• Product requirements: the finished products must guarantee the minimum requirements of safety, resistance and durability in accordance with the relevant technical standards (as specified by the UNI 11674 standard).
Cosmob Qualitas Praemium certification
Cosmob, an analysis, testing and certification laboratory for the wood-furnishing sector, has always recognised the importance of the Italian origin of furniture, and for this reason it works alongside companies wishing to enhance the value of their production by certifying the Italian origin and quality of Made in Italy furniture.
With the Cosmob Qualitas Praemium “Origine Italiana del Mobile“ (Italian origin of furniture) certification, Cosmob has defined a specific certification scheme that allows manufacturers to gain a competitive advantage and at the same time provide a guarantee to the end consumer with a view to greater product transparency and reliability.
In compliance with the UNI 11674 standard, the certification scheme applies to the following types of furniture
• home and community (chairs, tables, storage furniture, beds and mattresses)
• office (work chairs, desks, storage furniture, partition screens);
• school (seats, desks, blackboards);
• childhood (cots, playpens, cots and bunk beds, changing tables).
The “Italian Furniture Origin“ mark
At the heart of the certification scheme is the Cosmob Qualitas Praemium “Origine Italiana del Mobile“ mark, a tool that qualifies and enhances Made in Italy furniture products.
Today, more and more leading Italian companies in the sector are choosing Cosmob to certify the quality of their products, which are the result of the best skills in terms of Italian design and originality. For its part, the Pesaro Technology Centre continues to promote the values of Made in Italy to contribute to the enhancement of products, also through its involvement in the technical standards committees, in order to extend the fields of application of the UNI 11674 standard to all Italian furniture products.